Deception Island Management Package
Deception Island was adopted as an Antarctic Specially Managed Area (ASMA) at Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting XXVIII (Stockholm, 2005). The ASMA incorporates a matrix of Antarctic Specially Protected Areas (ASPAs), Historic Sites and Monuments (HSMs), and visitor sites. This will assure its long term protection from the competing pressures of science (and the logistical support of science), nature conservation and tourism.
Each section of the Management Package is available below in either MS Word (.doc) or Portable Document Format (.pdf).
The entire Package is available to download, in PDF format from here (2.9 MB)
Management Package Sections:
- 1 - Cover & contents: doc (106 KB) | pdf (41 KB)
- 2 - Introduction: doc (22 KB) | pdf (13 KB)
- 3 - ASMA: doc (2.0 MB) | pdf (564 KB)
- 4 - ASPA140: doc (5.5 MB) | pdf (1.3 MB)
- 5 - ASPA145: doc (436 KB) | pdf (133 KB)
- 6 - Whalers Bay Conservation Strategy: doc (911 KB) | pdf (216 KB)
- 7 - Facilities Zone Code of Conduct: doc (1.4 MB) | pdf (267 KB)
- 8 - Visitor Sites Code of Conduct: doc (1.3 MB) | pdf (795 KB)
- 9 - Volcanic Alert and Escape: doc (800 KB) | pdf (204 KB)